We're Engaged

Matt got down on one knee and popped the big question!!! YEAH! It was such a wonderful, joyous day. Apparently he had been scheming away for the past few months to plan this, however, to his surprise I decided to go to Tahoe with some friends four weeks before. With some help from Jen and Crystal I came back a day early to spend a day with Matt. Jen and Crystal knew the whole weekend and had a blast listening to me try and determine if he would wait until spring break or summer to ask. Basically I had no idea, NO IDEA!
So Matt and I decided to take lunch up to Knapps Castle, which is an old remnants of a stone building. It overlooks the San Ynez Valley, and the whole way up it overlooks Santa Barbara and the ocean. We had lunch sitting on the edge overlooking the valley, Matt only ate two bites (I should have know he was up to something he normally eats everything and two bites of mine.) He got up and said that he wanted to take a picture with me looking out over the valley. He got the camera out, or so I thought. The he was all "before I take the picture I have question I want to ask." So I turned around and he was on his knee and he started asking me. All I could say was "Really," with several giggles. After saying Really about seven times I got my voice back and was able to say yes.
It was wonderful! He did an amazing job surprising me, despite all my trying to pry it out of him. We spent the rest of the afternoon talking about how nervous he was and how oblivious I was. How he tried to plan it for this weekend three months ago, and I decided to go to Tahoe. In the end it all worked more then perfectly. I had a wonderful weekend with my girl friends who asked such great questions about Matt and what I love about him. Then to have the weekend end on such a great note was such a blessing.