Today I embark on the Journey of the Dissertation. I know your thinking haven't you already embarked? Well yes and no. Yesterday I solidified with my wonderful advisor what I am going to do for my dissertation, okay loosely solidified :) as I'm sure there will be some changes. I have to say that I am quite intimidated of the task. This morning I have been trying to get started but have struggled. So I asked google. Here are a few of my favorite tips I found
1. Articulate your dissertation idea into 5 sentences or less. (Yeah right! it's suppose to be a 200 page document. I guess I will have to be like Paul with an amazing amount of run on sentences.)
2. Set up social contingencies/ rewards for accomplishing a day's writing and chart your progress (I like this one).
3. Keep a certain distance from writing (Success for this one.)
4. Embrace the difficult task (this seems like a forced hug.)
And my personal favorite:
5. Moderate your emotions in all walks of life, by avoiding intense rushing, prolonged emotional escalation (I'm not sure what this means if someone has an idea let me know. I sure hope it isn't suggesting that I avoid intimacy with my husband it is our anniversary today.)