Dumpster Dive
I have to say that I'm not too good for a dumpster dive every once in a while. Okay not a dumpster dive, this was more of a curb pick up. Saturday I drove past a nice chair that was out on the curb for free. I drove past and thought hmmm I've really wanted a nice chair for our side room. This one looked a bit dingy (okay really dingy). But in my head I thought if we could just dye the cover maybe it would work. I asked Matt and he completely rejected the idea. Later in the day I made my way over to the curb to get a closer look. I have to say it looked worse than I thought. But then I realized there was a slipcover on it. So I pulled up the slipcover up and found a wonderful Pottery Barn label. Then I ran... yes ran home and told Matt we had to get it. He was a bit annoyed (rolled his eyes) but got his truck to pick up my find.
So after pulling the gross slip cover off and a bit of vacuuming here we are.
Today I caught Matt sitting in the chair. I think one day soon he will admit that it was a good find. Now all I need is a new slipcover!